Hot Summer Day in Regina
What to do on a hot summer day in Regina, SK
- Cool off in the nearest river or stream by kayaking. This is a great way to cool off and still get a workout, and even beginners can enjoy it.
2. Run through the sprinklers. Nothing makes you feel like a kid again more than this!
3. Visit a water park. Don’t forget your sunscreen! There is waterparks near Harbour Landing, Greens on Gardiner and several other communities in Regina.
5. Take a picnic to the beach. Pack plenty of icy cold drinks, some sandwiches, and snacks into a cooler and make some memories.
6. Visit an ice cream parlor. Get a large ice cream sundae, and share it with a friend.
7. Fill a plastic child’s swimming pool with water and ice, then jump in. See how long you can stand it before you have to get out!
8. Find a cool, shady spot on a porch or under a tree. Grab a cold glass of lemonade and just relax. Do nothing else but enjoy the sounds of summer, and maybe catch a nap!
9. Get in your car and drive - get out and see the "Land of the Living Skies".
10. Fill water pistols with cold water and shoot your friends. Enjoy getting soaked and soaking them.
11. Grab an iced coffee from your favorite coffee shop. If coffee’s not your thing, try a frozen fruit drink or even a milkshake. Enjoy the free wifi, if it’s available!
12. Practice your culinary skills outdoors. Have a barbecue, invite some friends, and have a good time. Have everyone bring a dish to ease your workload, and keep the food informal and fun. Don’t forget the ice cold drinks, but remember, if you drink alcohol in the heat it can be easy to overdo it, so alternate between alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
13. Read a book. Find a comfy place to read, some snacks and a drink, and lose yourself in the story. Repeat as necessary.
14. Make your own ice pops. Pour juice or other fruity drinks into a plastic Popsicle mold, freeze, and enjoy!
15. Find a shady spot to fish, and cast your line. Sit back and enjoy the solitude, and appreciate your natural surroundings.
16. Get out the hose and wash your car. It’s a great way to cool down and get your ride looking its best.
17. Find a swimming pool, grab some friends, and have a game of Marco Polo. Or, just have fun splashing around in the water, just goofing off.